UPDATES ON COVID-19, SUSPENSION REMAINS UNTIL FUTHER NOTES!
CLOSURE OF CHANCERY AND SUSPENSION OF CONSULAR SERVICES
UPDATES ON COVID-19
UPDATES ON COVID-19 INFECTION IN GHANA AND CONTAINMENT MEASURES UNDERTAKEN BY THE GOVERNMENT
The Embassy of Ghana wishes to inform the public that as at 15th March, 2020, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Ghana recorded four new cases of the novel Coronavirus bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the Ghana to six.
Consequently, the Government has issued the following travel advisory:
- All travel to Ghana is strongly discouraged until further notice.
- Any traveler, except for Ghanaian citizens and persons with Ghana residence permits, who, within the last 14 days, has been to a country that has recorded at least 200 cases of Covid-19, will not be admitted in to the Ghanaian jurisdiction.
- There will be a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for persons who are otherwise allowed to enter the Ghanaian jurisdiction.
- Any admissible traveler, who exhibits symptoms of Covid-19 will be quarantined and tested upon reaching Ghana.
- Kindly note that item one of the travel advisory took effect on 15th March, 2020 and items 2, 3 &4 would take effect at 1pm GMT on 17th March, 2020.
Furthermore, in an address to the nation on 15th March, 2020, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has directed the management of schools in the country to shut down effective Monday, 16th March, 2020, until further notice. This includes all Universities, Senior High Schools, and basic schools.
Also, all public gatherings, such as conferences, workshops, funerals, festivals, political rallies, sporting events and religious activities have been suspended for the next four (4) weeks.
For regular updates on Ghana’s response management systems on Covid-19, kindly access the following website: http://ghanahealthservice.org/covid19/
EMBASSY OF GHANA BERLIN
16th March 2020